Eye Color Genetics / Inheritance Information
Many curious visitors to the Individuals Forum have posted
questions about eye color and the inheritance factors that
contribute to it. Browse the information below, which may
help you find answers to some of those questions. Some of it
has come from actual postings to the forum; the answer
you're looking for may be right there. Please note that the
information comes from various sources and may contain
differing opinions or points of viewthis collection is
simply meant to be a guide to help you in your search.
- These messages were posted by JJ Brannon in the
Individuals Forum. He was a student of Salvador Luria (Nobel
Laureate for Genetics) at MIT:
1: Quick points and some resources
2: Changes in eye color
3: An evolutionary picture and melanin levels
4: Contrasting opinion on "Answer to Eye Color"
- Virtual Flylab
- Not necessarily about eye color, but this educational
experiment will help you to understand the principles of
genetic inheritance through the mating of fruit flies.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man
- Concerning Eye Color, from Johns Hopkins University and
the National Center for Biotechnology Information.
- The Natural History of Genes
- A science education tool for teachers, students, and families.
- What genes cause a specific eye color?
- The MAD Scientist Network on Genetics.
- The Biology Project: Mendelian Genetics
- Problem Sets and tutorials from the University of Arizona
- Blue Eye Color
- Identifying the blue eye mutation